Tuesday 7 February 2017

Moving On...


That's it China visa finished, stamped and all... 

yahoo!!

 It's not that I didn't like China... 
I just wanted more... 
Well more to cycle to be exact, I simply decided that this relationship; well... it was never going to work out. "it's not me it's you" with your overly controlling ways, fuel issues and constant frisking. So like in so many typical soap opera's, Laura and I left slightly heart broken and destined to find a new love... maybe Kazakhstan. 

Yesterday afternoon we left, packed up our bikes into big green sacks, put them on a sleeper bus and left for the boarder. 
The next morning we awoke to yet another random police road check where we had to show our passports. After this a quick drive down the road and eventually arrived at the border control. We proceeded to unpack two large sacks of bikes, 2 pannier bags and 2 massive rucksacks too. As we were doing this laura got asked if we wanted a trolley, she asked me and with out thinking, still mucking around with Thor bikes I said "yerr that would be great". Suddenly a little man appeared with a black leather cap, a long black coat and black leather shoes. He popped the bikes on a trolley with a few of the bags too. Laura tried to ask "how much ?" The little man just shrugged the question off with lots of words that made no sense and as she tuned to me to question should we do this? He was gone in a flash.

Rookie Error... 

Later on we managed to find our gear dumped in a corner, trolley now gone and the little man searching for us. He said "money" and jested with his hands. Ironic I thought the only English word he knew. The larger concern me and laura had was that we knew we only had come across the border with ¥100 which we knew wasn't a lot but that's good budgeting for you, (equivalent to about £10) 

The little man still quite chirpy drew with his finger on the wall ¥100 for me and ¥100 for laura. All most instantaneously laura and I said "no". He wanted ¥200 for pushing our stuff the equivalent of 500meters. So with a few with a few "cannot's" and "no money's" along with a few less sensitive words muttered under our breath, the little man left with all our cash and a sad expression upon his little face. 

I wonder if that was China's settlement few for our breakup? 
Ahh well, we're in Kazakhstan now !! 

P.s.
Travelling on bikes = amazing 
Traveling with bikes = interesting...


No comments:

Post a Comment